Lipgloss and Onesies Blog: Liebster Award Nomination

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Liebster Award Nomination


So the lovely Claire of Girl on a Missi0n blog has nominated me for a Liebster Award! This definitely gave me a confidence boost in the work I've been doing on the blog. I've only been at it a few months on a regular schedule so I was pleasantly surprised when I received Claire's message on FB. 

The Liebster Award is an award that's passed around the blogger community to recognize and encourage newbie, up-and-coming bloggers that only have a small following. The premise behind the 'award' is for each nominee to: 
(1) answer 11 questions by the blogger that nominates them
(2) add 11 other facts about his or her self 
(3) nominate a few of their own favorite newbies and 
(4) give them 11 new questions to answer {or steal from their neighbors ;) }
So without further ado, here it goes:

1. Favorite Color?
It depends on the situation...
home decor: grays, tans with a pop of color
clothing: light/bright blue, mint green
flowers: pink

2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Veterinarian

3. What do you value most in life?
A nice amount of quiet time at the beginning or end of the day to get ready for busy-ness or unwind from the hectic life of a mom of a toddler.

4. What is your biggest problem/challenge when it comes to blogging?
My biggest challenge right now is second guessing myself. I'll start a blog post and halfway through start thinking to myself "Is this going to be interesting to anyone else?" I have to learn to just let go and post what I'm feeling and what I like...chances are, someone else will enjoy it too.

5. What does a normal day in your life look like?
- Get up early, before the little one, so I can have some quiet time before the chaos of the day begins
- Check emails and put the dog out
- Do a few chores around the house
- Work on the blog
- Take care of and play with the little one
- Plan dinner and run errands if needed
- Have dinner ready not long after hubby gets home from work
- Do a little more working on the blog/email checking
- Watch a little TV with hubby
- Put little one to bed
- Finally fall into bed myself

6. Whats your favorite way to recover from a long day?
By watching a little reality TV {Real Housewives, Teen Mom, Bachelor/ette, etc} or playing games with hubby and little one

7. What is your favorite thing to do first thing in the morning?
Make a nice cup of coffee to enjoy while I check emails and catch up on my favorite YouTubers

8. Do you like or dislike meeting new people? Why?
Like...although it may take me a little while to open up to some people, I still enjoy meeting new people.

9. Favorite place you’ve visited?
Gatlinburg, Tennessee...hubby and I went there on our honeymoon (along with Pigeon Forge and Sevierville). We loved it!

10. Do you make and keep New Year’s resolutions?
I like think that we should treat everyday as New Year's because if we want make a resolution or goal for ourself, there's no better time than the present. Meaning, don't wait til New Year's...start working on your goals today!

11. What is the first thing on your wish list?
Material things - a craft room big enough to house every crafting item I've ever wanted.
Non-material things - a vacation! Lol

11 More Facts...
1. I have a butterfly tattoo on my right big toe.
2. My favorite season is fall.
3. I love crafting.
4. I love baking.
5. I've always wanted to open my own boutique.
6. I'm scared of the dark.
7. I'm addicted to Starbucks.
8. I'm addicted to antique stores and flea markets.
9. Hubby and I actually have 2 kids...one in heaven, one here with us.
10. I wish I was a person that liked to jog/run.
11. I LOVE Target! hehe

I nominate:
P.S. By the Way
This Mom Blog
The Hungry Homemaker Blog
Stickers & Glitter Blog
The Magnolia Mamas

And your questions are:
1. Favorite/least favorite foods
2. Favorite season
3. Favorite/least favorite thing about blogging
4. What's the first thing you do when you wake up?
5. Secret guilty pleasure {tv show, food, etc}
6. Favorite quote
7. Three things you cannot live without
8. Three words to describe yourself
9. What other career would you choose, besides blogging?
10. What do you order at Starbucks?
11. What advice would you give someone that is thinking about starting a blog?

This was so much fun! And I'd like to thank Claire again from Girl on a Missi0n blog for nominating me :) Everyone go over and check out her beautiful space also!

2 comments: